Mina böcker finns här:

Mina böcker finns här:
Mer information om mina böcker finns här: www.saraonnebo.com (Klicka på bilden ovan)

Monday, 3 March 2014

Chocolate Cake with Coconut Caramel Crust




Last year I had an obsession with healthy cakes and treats. Now I have done a complete turn-around. I eat healthy almost all of the time so if I eat cake I don't care if it contains large amounts of butter and sugar as long as it tastes good. So if you are into healthy treats, look away now:)

Recipe: Modified from Matmagasinet.


Chocolate Cake with Coconut Caramel Crust

Cake:
150 g butter
250 ml sugar
0,5 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt
100 ml cacao powder
200 ml rye flour

Crust:
50 g butter
100 g coconut shavings
50 ml syrup
100 ml sugar
75 ml cream

Melt the butter and mix with the other cake ingredients.

Pour into a greased oven proof dish. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.

Melt the butter and mix in the other crust ingredients. Heat up and simmer for about 5 minutes.

Spread the crust mixture on top of the chocolate cake and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes.

Leave to cool and cut into squares.




Chocolate Cake with Coconut Caramel Crust


2 comments:

  1. You have the same philosophy about food as I do. When I have a treat, I want it to be a real treat, not some washed-out version. Then I go for a run and eat a salad for lunch. This cake look delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jen. Bring on the butter!

      Delete

Hälsa
Webbhotell Hälsa
toppblogg.se